Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sayings of the Dear Leader

This post will be used to collect sayings/phrases that our popular with our dear leader, Obama.

1) Let me be clear

Translation - clear = obfuscate

Even the Washington Post is finally starting to chime in on this one:

In Obama's speeches, one favorite phrase: 'Let me be clear'
By Alec MacGillis and Paul Farhi
Sunday, January 17, 2010; B01
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/14/AR2010011403872_pf.html

"When Obama is being "clear" these days, he is saying something quite different than when he was being clear in 2007 and 2008. His shifting use of the phrase traces the arc of Obama's time on the national stage, from campaign sensation to a president beset with challenges that rhetoric alone cannot overcome. In a presidency in which everything is murkier than Obama could have imagined, the "let me be clear" preface has become a signal that what follows will be anything but."

"The way Obama has deployed the expression during the first year of his presidency underscores its limits as a communication tool. "The risk in using the phrase is that it could imply there are times when he's not being clear," says the Brookings Institution's Stephen Hess, who worked in the Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford and Carter administrations. "The corollary of that is one big fog." "

2) Level the Playing Field

Translation - Destroy Caplitalism

3) Not one dime

Translation - Hold onto your wallets.

3) Spread the Wealth Around

Transalation -

4) Unprecedented

Translation - I am not up to the job.

5) Inherited

Translation - It is Bushes fault.

5) Uh....

Translation - Used to sound thoughful when off prompter.

7) This isn't about me

Translation - I am arrogant.

Often followed by the frequent repetition of I, me, my, myself and mine.

8) Conduct a full review

Translation - We do not have a clue.

Often happens when a major blunder has happened and an answer has not been poll tested yet by his handlers.

9) Change is not easy

Translation - "Why can't I just eat my waffle?"

10) Historic

Translation - If you question me, I will use the race card.

No comments: